1.What did you do in your working years?
I was in heavy and highway construction, mostly asphalt paving. (John always said he built the smoothest roads this side of heaven.) I added that, Doris
2. How long have you been a member of the Carterville Rotary?
I was a Charter member.
3. Whats your fondest moment of Rotary?
When I was awarded the Rotarian of the Year award.
4. Where were you born and raised?
I was born in St. Louis County, as a kid we lived behind Grants Farm and I use to play over there all of the time.
5. Top 3 Reasons to live in Carterville?
the school district, JAL college and the people
6. What one word best describes you?
I guess Honest--Hard worker, ( Ask my wife)
7. What do you do for fun?
B.B. games, Plays, work in the yard and 6 grand kids.
8. Whats your top 3 favorite books?
I can't really put my finger on any favorites, but I enjoy reading history of So. Illinois.
9. What does Rotary mean to you?
I think Rotary is a very good service organization with all the members interested in projects to help the club
10. Favorite place to eat?
Doris's cooking is tops, after that I would say 17 Street, Applebees, and Red lobster and special occasions, Mary's in Herrin.
11. Something that many people may not know about you?
I was drafter in Feb. 1952, I volunteered for the Marine Corps and after boot camp I volunteered for Korea, where I served for 14 months.