Wednesday, January 21, 2009

10 Questions With John Kiesling

We have another edition of 10 Questions with a Rotary Member. Today's guest is no other than John Kiesling.

1.What did you do in your working years?


I was in heavy and highway construction, mostly asphalt paving. (John always said he built the smoothest roads this side of heaven.) I added that, Doris


2. How long have you been a member of the Carterville Rotary?

I was a Charter member.


3. Whats your fondest moment of Rotary?

When I was awarded the Rotarian of the Year award.



4. Where were you born
and raised?

I was born in St. Louis County, as a kid we lived behind Grants Farm and I use to play over there all of the time.



5. Top 3 Reasons to live in Carterville?

the school district, JAL college and the people


6. What one word best describes you?


I guess Honest--Hard worker, ( Ask my wife)


7. What do you do for fun?

B.B. games, Plays, work in the yard and 6 grand kids.



8. Whats your top 3 favorite books?

I can't really put my finger on any favorites, but I enjoy reading history of So. Illinois.


9. What does Rotary mean to you?

I think Rotary is a very good service organization with all the members interested in projects to help the club


10. Favorite place to eat?

Doris's cooking is tops, after that I would say 17 Street, Applebees, and Red lobster and special occasions, Mary's in Herrin.


11. Something that many people may not know about you?


I was drafter in Feb. 1952, I volunteered for the Marine Corps and after boot camp I volunteered for Korea, where I served for 14 months.






No comments: